As a Development and Leasing Manager you will be responsible for creative negotiation, approvals, and execution of development processes and agreements for high impact commercial and logistics properties in collaboration with noteworthy external and internal stakeholders, developers, and tenants. You will be in a dynamic position that will challenge you to bring innovative thoughts and ideas to the Commercial Development Department.
What you will be doing:
• Assisting the VP or AVP in the commercial development of real property and the real property leasing activities of the Board in the areas of ground and commercial facility leases.
• Establishing requirements, including selection criteria, for the selection of businesses involved in a competitive selection process for real estate property development.
• Providing business reviews of contracts, permits, lease and reimbursement agreements, licenses and department documents related to such commercial development.
• Meeting with individual developers, real estate brokers/agents, consultants and businesses interested in establishing commercial facilities at the Airport.
• Analyzing, managing and negotiating contracts, and supports marketing efforts and the negotiations and documentation of new leases for industrial and commercial uses.
• Preparing CIPs to obtain capital account funding for development related capital expenditures.
• Ordering appraisals, as needed, to establish values of land and buildings.
What you need:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, real estate or a related field.
• Five (5) years of experience in real estate development, marketing, planning or property management.
• Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
• Possession of a valid Class C driver’s license.
What we desire:
• Skill in communicating orally and in writing to prepare and present reports, to prepare contracts and lease agreements, and to coordinate with other DFW Board departments.
• Ability to negotiate in an open, public atmosphere.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels, both within and outside the organization.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) —one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.