As the Transportation Specialist, you will operate 35’ and 46’ commercial buses and be responsible for providing first-line customer service and transportation to guests for special events and tours. Your contribution to the airport’s continued growth will provide off-gate passenger transportation for our world-class visitors and passengers, along with the rewarding challenge of driving on one of the busiest airfield’s in the world.
What you will be doing:
• Operating a commercial bus on the Aircraft Operations Area (AOA) to support irregular operations, emergency response for the evacuation of disabled aircraft and scheduled passenger transportation.
• Conducting data collection and integration on passenger counts, mileage/time logs, malfunction, and accident reports to ensure equipment is safe and passenger counts are being kept.
• Providing team-oriented efforts including fueling and cleaning buses and staff vehicles daily.
• Proactively responding to customer injuries and emergencies and acting as initial point of contact during these events and relaying emergency information to appropriate persons.
What you need:
• High school education or equivalent.
• One (1) year experience in a position requiring extensive public contact.
• Possession of a class C driver’s license.
• Possession of or ability to pass test for Class B Commercial driver’s license with a passenger (P) endorsement. Written portion of test must be successfully completed prior to employment. Cost of Class B Commercial driver’s license to be borne by incumbent.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.