As the Health and Wellness Coordinator, you will coordinate the development and implementation of fitness activities, health assessments, lifestyle behavioral programs, educational intervention programs, and other special events as needed to keep the Airport’s over 2,000 employees and their families fit and healthy. You will be responsible for the overall administration of the Airport’s health, fitness, and wellness program.
What you will be doing:
• Administering health, fitness, and wellness programs and initiatives to align with the Airport’s integrated health and wellness strategies.
• Developing and coordinating appropriate class schedules, sports leagues and challenge programs for the employee population, as well as maintain appropriate record keeping, evaluations, and project plans/surveys.
• Obtaining measurable data and metrics to assist the Wellness Manager in analyzing the impact of health and wellness initiatives and develop management reports detailing the cost-benefit for each initiative.
• Serving as a resource for program participants, internal resources, vendors, and partners; serves as health and wellness resource for non-profit organizations.
• Coordinating facility maintenance inspections and requests and reporting to management and contractors.
What you need:
• Bachelor’s degree in exercise science, Kinesiology, health promotion or a related field.
• Three (3) years of experience in developing and implementing components of a comprehensive health and wellness program, with experience in onsite fitness
• Group Fitness Instructor certification from one or more of the following: The Cooper Institute, ACE, ACSM, CSCS, NASM, NATA, NSCA, or NPTI).
• CPR/AED and first aid certified, or ability to be certified within 6 months.
• Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
• Possession of a valid Class C driver's license.
What we desire:
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.