As a Quality Control Supervisor, you will monitor, inspect, coordinate and ensure compliance of the quality assurance standards. You will Develop, implement, execute, and evaluate the maintenance performed in the terminals in which you are assigned. You will need strong verbal and written communication skills, and professional relationship building skills to succeed in this position.
What you will be doing:
• Assisting and reviewing evaluations of any service/maintenance contract or in house function that involves any Board managed facilities.
• Meeting regularly with other Airport departments and customers to identify customer expectations. Developing performance benchmarks and benchmarks verification practices to ensure attainment of expectations.
• Coordinating the quality control staff and contractors to ensure customer issues are resolved in a manner that exceeds customer service expectations.
• Maintaining written reports, logs, and other pertinent documents.
• Performing trend analysis and monitors performance metrics.
• Ensuring environmental aspects and impacts within the span of control of your position are identified and timely communicate applicable personnel and operational changes to Environmental Affairs.
What you need:
• Completion of high school curriculum or equivalent.
• Seven (7) years’ experience in facilities maintenance, including formal training and/or experience in one or more of the following technical fields:
• industrial plant operations and/or maintenance
• structural supervision
• industrial mechanical/HVAC systems
• electrical systems
• custodial supervision
• baggage handling systems
• Two (2) years in a lead or supervisory role.
• Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
• Possession of a Class C driver’s license.
What we desire:
• Knowledge of Airport facility systems, such as industrial mechanical/HVAC, electrical/ electronic, and structural systems.
• Ability to make complex technical independent judgments.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all customers and associates.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.