As a Department Controller, you will be responsible for the day-to-day financial operational functions for a business unit and will work to improve communications between the Financial and Business Planning department and other business units on financial matters. You will be the primary “business partner” and liaison between the Finance department and other departments. You will have the opportunity to provide advice and guidance to departmental management on complex issues related to financial, business, process improvement, and accounting issues.
What you will be doing:
• Directing specific departmental activities ensuring adherence to Airport accounting, budgeting, and continuous forecasting standards, and processes. You will make recommendations to improve departmental management of financial and operational processes, and serve as the primary liaison between Finance, Financial and Business Planning, and the department on financial and business matters.
• Preparing departmental Operation & Maintenance (O&M) and revenue annual budgets and continuous forecasts for review and action by senior management.
• Researching and recommending solutions to accounting issues, making accruals, monitoring contracts, coding payments, requesting checks, etc.
• Providing advice and guidance to departmental management on complex issues related to financial, business, process improvement, and accounting issues.
• Preparing financial analysis such as alternatives analysis, operating cost of capital programs, net present value, etc.
• Conducting and participating in research and trend analyses relating to departmental expenditures and revenues.
What you need:
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration or related field of study.
• Five (5) years progressive business analysis/finance experience.
• Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
• Possession of a valid Class C driver’s license.
What we desire:
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.