As a Risk Analyst, you will support the fundamental principle of DFW Airport by ensuring the safety and security of our nearly 60 million annual passengers. In this role, you will work on a professional and forward-thinking team analyzing and classifying risks and loss exposures. You will perform professional-level work in support of DFW Airport’s comprehensive risk management program. You will also support overarching risk analytics to inform the development of safety management training programs and determine appropriate risk management techniques.
What you will be doing:
• Supporting day-to-day management of the commercial insurance program; collecting and analyzing underwriting data for the annual insurance program renewal; coordinating timely renewal of insurance programs¿ preparing statistical analysis and benchmarking reports as required.
• Performing incident reporting and claims management best practices via the Risk Management Information System (RMIS) to investigate circumstances, sequence of events, determine negligence, evaluate injury or damages, and negotiate settlements.
• Performing the greater risk analytics to trend incident and claims to support the development of safety management system training programs; classify risk and loss exposures from incident and claims reports, and determine appropriate risk management techniques and offer recommendations.
• Utilizing and maintaining the department’s RMIS, including identifying improvements and enhancements to the system.
• Supporting the contract and vendor risk management analysis process, including, and not limited to, reviewing indemnification language, insurance requirements, certificates of insurance and bonding requirements.
What you need:
• Bachelor’s degree with major in Insurance, Finance, Accounting, Risk Management, or a related field.
• Three (3) years of experience in risk control (safety, claim) and risk management
• Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
• Possession of a Class C driver’s license.
What we desire:
• Ability to gather, analyze, and evaluate complex data from a wide variety of sources and develop concise related written conclusions and/or recommendations.
• Knowledge of multiple lines of insurance and associated case law.
• Ability to manage complex projects and prioritize resources in constrained environment.
• Knowledge of implementing an effective Loss Prevention and Safety Training, Indoor Air Quality program, Hearing Conservation program, and methods of industrial hygiene.
• Knowledge of safety-related inspection, investigation and code enforcement procedures and ability to apply statutory laws and regulations regarding public health and safety.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.