As a Lead Automotive Technician for the Heavy Equipment Section, you oversee the technicians that troubleshoot, maintain, and repair over 260 pieces of heavy equipment. We are looking for a well-rounded mechanic that has great customer service, leadership skills who can effectively control the quality of work being completed in this section.
What you will be doing:
• When assigned as a lead, directing and participating in the work of Automotive Technicians and Helpers involved in the inspection and repair of gasoline and diesel-powered vehicle equipment and alternative fuel vehicles.
• Performing or has the ability to perform the duties of Automotive Technician, including preventive maintenance and the full range of repairs on equipment in the area of assignment.
• Maintaining records and reports.
• Maintaining inventory parts and records for tires and batteries of vehicles.
• Entering data into Fleet Management System and other business applications.
What you need:
• Completion of high school curriculum or equivalent.
• Four (4) years of experience in automotive maintenance and repair.
• Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
• Formal training in automotive mechanics.
• Possession of a valid Class B commercial driver’s license.
• Must possess a set of mechanic's tools to perform skilled work.
What we desire:
• Ability to lead and train others in performing maintenance and repairs
• Ability to maintain routine records and prepare routine reports.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, departments and the public.
• Must have a good private driving record: (a) no more than two (2) convictions of moving violations in the last 36 months and (b) no DWI convictions in the last 60 months.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.