As a Supervisor of the General Equipment shop, you will be in charge of the handling, and repairing of over 500 unique pieces of equipment from golf carts to ambulances. You will maintain a fiscal budget, and invoices. Your skills in coaching and leadership will be used to maintain high morale and ensure your technicians stay engaged.
What you will be doing:
• Planning, scheduling, assigning, inspecting and participating in the work of Technicians and Helpers; checks work in progress and upon completion; evaluates performance of subordinates.
• Performing and training subordinates to perform a full range of repairs, including diagnosing and testing malfunctions and defects in equipment systems.
• Establishing or providing input into preventive maintenance standards and goals and monitors records for attainment of goals.
• Troubleshooting unusual or difficult problems; may perform minor and major repair work; handles problems with user departments; road tests repaired equipment.
• Preparing annual budget request and monitors shop expenditures.
What you need:
• Completion of high school curriculum or equivalent.
• Five (5) years’ experience in automotive mechanics.
• Two (2) years of supervisory experience
• Possession of a valid Class B Commercial driver's license. If assigned to Bus Maintenance a Passenger Transport (P) endorsement is required.
What we desire:
• Ability to supervise and train subordinates in performing maintenance and repairs and to evaluate their performance.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, departments and the public.
• Must have a good private driving record: (a) no more than two (2) convictions of moving violations in the last 36 months and (b) no DWI convictions in the last 60 months.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.