As a Civil Project Manager for the Design, Code and Construction department at DFW Airport, you will have the opportunity to interact and work closely with engineers, contractors and other airport departments. You will ensure that projects assigned to you are completed within the agreed upon scope of work and within budget.
What you will be doing:
• Overseeing architects, engineers and other consultants in the programming, planning, design and construction of projects in accordance with airport design criteria and codes and reports any concerns/issues to the Senior Project Manager; drives in Airfield Operations Area (AOA) and accesses all forms of construction in progress.
• Monitoring and tracking project budget, estimates, schedule and changes and forwards to the Senior Project Manager for approval. Interfaces with the Airport’s central project management database to maintain current project management information during the design, construction, and close-out phases of each respective project.
• Interacting with DFW departments including, but not limited to, Planning, Energy, Transportation and Asset Management (ETAM), airlines, airport tenants, FAA, city, state and federal agencies and other public agencies or interests on projects.
• Reviewing detailed budget and project status reports and forwards to the Senior Project Manager for approval.
• Providing overall project responsibility for variety of projects and tasks throughout design, construction, and close-out.
What you need:
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Aviation Management or Operations, Architecture, Engineering, or related field from a regional, accredited college or university.
• Minimum three (3) years of experience working in a fast-paced aviation/airport capital program environment including managing multiple projects through their full life cycle of design, construction and close-out.
• Strong experience working with architects, engineers and airport functional departments in the implementation of capital investments
• Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
• Possession of a valid Class C driver’s license.
What we desire:
• Ability to coordinate and oversee the work of a team of professional and technical personnel in project implementation and assess their work.
• Ability to detect and correct plan defects during the construction phase through construction support services using construction administration standard change management practices.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective Customer Service/Stakeholder relationships with others inside and outside the organization.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.