You will be the responsible for system administration a wide variety of enterprise systems. You will be a generalist on a team of specialists with a wide range of diverse applications to support. This role will see you working in the office, as well as in the other various environments of DFW Airport. Your role will include implementing, maintaining and supporting automated and manual systems including: specifying, testing, debugging, maintaining and documenting system applications. You will be maintaining systems and managing projects in one of the busiest airports in the world.
What you will be doing:
- Managing and maintaining systems in area of focus including administration, configuration, upgrades, maintenance, code migration, performance monitoring, system support, and end-user support.
- Managing the configuration of systems such as bug analysis, patch testing and application, and support requirements analysis and customization design.
- Ensuring the integrity, reliability and availability of systems across multiple areas with a goal of maximizing system up-time
- Proactively monitoring and measuring the performance and health of systems and responding accordingly when systems fail to meet desired metrics.
- Reviews current and proposed software systems to ensure compatibility with other software systems and future business needs.
- Working with managers to define business problems and configure software systems solutions.
- Communicating with users and management staff throughout the life cycle of a given application to ensure maximum productivity.
What you need:
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science or a related field.
- Four (4) years of experience application support.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
- Possession of a valid Class C driver's license.
What we desire:
- Deep experience with system architecture in order to provide a toolkit that can help us to diagnose and resolve problems as well as continuously improve system performance.
- Knowledge of how software systems work and how different components interact.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.