The Vice President of Design, Code and Construction’s (DCC) primary goal is to successfully engage, support, direct, and develop his or her team of aviation construction professionals. In doing this, they will provide key leadership and oversight in the management and administration of the design and construction of facilities in fulfillment of the Airport Master Plan, DFW Strategic Plan and Executive Leadership initiatives. He or she is responsible for the issuance of building permits and enforcement of the DFW building code; program controls, and supervision of the procurement professional services and construction services and must have a strong process driven methodology for achieving success. They will demonstrate a high degree of investment in the execution of the Airport’s Strategic Plan and Leadership Competencies, building towards long-term continued success for DFW Airport.
What you will be doing:
• Directs a multi-discipline team (professional and non-professional) of Board staff and consulting firms in the administration, design, construction, permitting, commissioning, and closeout of Airport Projects.
• Works in partnership with the airlines, airport tenants, the Federal Aviation Administration, city, state and federal agencies and community interest representatives concerning airport design and construction activities and related matters.
• Champions Change; takes action to drive and implement change initiatives effectively.
• Embraces Diversity and Inclusion; leverages the unique talents, perspectives, and experiences of individuals in the organization, across all stakeholders and customers to achieve the key results.
• Fosters Teamwork and Collaboration; works collaboratively with others toward achieving the key results.
• Promotes Employee Engagement; enhances a continuous learning environment, develops sustainable leadership capabilities, and creates an organizational culture consistent with DFW beliefs.
What you need:
• Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field.
• Ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in the design and/or construction of large airport/airline projects.
• Six (6) years of leadership experience in management or supervisory role.
• Five (5) years of experience in a management role of large airport projects.
• Engineer-In-Training or Professional Engineering certification is preferred.
• Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
• Possession of a valid Class C driver's license.
What we desire:
• Extensive knowledge of the techniques and procedures associated with management/trend projections in large scale planning.
• Extensive knowledge of the aviation industry including the laws, rules and regulations governing air transportation, airport development, design and construction, and operation.
• Extensive knowledge in public and private financing of aviation and non-aviation projects, laws and regulations governing public bidding on local, state, and federal levels, contract negotiation, project control, principles of scheduling, contracting, estimating, and claims avoidance.
• Knowledge of the principles and practices applied in the planning, location, design, construction and maintenance of major engineering projects.
• Knowledge of noise and environmental issues relating to airport development, design and construction and operation.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.