As an Electrical Plans Examiner/Inspector in the Design, Code and Construction Dept. you will ensure that the over 1,100 plans that are submitted to you for review follow all State, federal, and FAA construction codes and regulations. You will also conduct over 3,000 on-site inspections for all new construction, building systems, and airfield and public works projects to ensure they are within code.
What you will be doing:
• Reviews design drawings and construction documents for compliance with the ICC codes and amendments, design criteria, and government regulations prior to construction.
• Develops recommendations and assists in formulating design criteria in conformity with ICC codes and amendments, accepted national standards and government regulations.
• Collaborates with Construction Inspectors and Contractors to efficiently and effectively ensure compliance of Airport construction projects with DFW Design Criteria Manual and adopted ICC codes and amendments.
• Performs construction inspection in a designated construction Electrical discipline to ensure conformance to DFW Design Criteria Manual, adopted ICC codes and amendments for Airport Board, Concession, and Tenant construction projects.
• Records and documents inspection and/or testing results; issues deficiency reports and monitors remedial work; records re-inspection and retesting results; ensures correction of all deficiencies.
• Ensures Airport facilities comply with FAA Regulations and other mandated design standards.
What you need:
• Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, construction technology or construction management.
• Three (3) years’ experience in construction document plan review and construction inspection in designated construction field – electrical
• Certification from the International Code Council (ICC) for construction inspection OR Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation-Master Electrician OR Commercial Energy Inspector OR Commercial Electrical Inspector
• Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
• Possession of a valid Class C driver’s license.
What we desire:
• Knowledge of International Building Codes, FAA, local, state, and national codes and regulations relating to major public works development and building systems.
• Ability to detect and correct non-complying items during plan review and through inspection of the in-progress or finished work.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.