As a Vehicle Fleet Programs Manager in the Energy, Transportation, and Asset Management Department, you will oversee a group of highly skilled employees. You will be responsible for identifying vehicles for replacement, submitting the request for Capital funds, and commission and de-commissioning vehicles. DFW Airport operates a fleet of 1,835 vehicles from lawn mowers to heavy equipment. You will ensure that the graphics, lights, sirens, radios, people counters, and much more are properly installed.
What you will be doing:
• Assists other sections and departments in developing vehicle related Capital Improvement Program (CIP) requests or estimating vehicle lifecycle costs and support requirements.
• Implements the fleet replacement program including needs analysis, planning, forecasting, funds acquisition, vehicle specification and procurement, vehicle acquisition, commissioning, and de-commissioning; coordinates vehicle licenses, registrations, permits etc.; assists with vehicle salvage and disposition operations.
• Develops vehicle/equipment procurement specifications and makes vehicle allocation recommendations; assists in developing specifications for vehicle maintenance and fueling infrastructure.
• Coordinates with staff, consultants and contractors involved in implementing vehicle fleet related projects and programs; prepares and maintains comprehensive status reports.
• Manages maintenance auditing programs and processes for contractors operating and maintaining Airport Board fleet assets to ensure proper maintenance and repair is being conducted.
What you need:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, public administration, or a related field.
• Three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in vehicle fleet operations or maintenance with exposure to developing detailed procurement specifications, grant development and administration or related professional experience in which analysis and project coordination is required.
• Two (2) years of supervisory experience.
• Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above on a year-for-year basis
• Possession of a valid Class C driver’s license.
What we desire:
• Ability to conduct analysis of detailed cost and operational data in the formation of replacement strategies.
• Ability to work with large quantities of detailed information.
• Experience working with Capital Programs and submissions
• Ability to analyze budgets for personnel, equipment and supplies based on analysis and evaluation of historical records and future needs.
• Knowledge of the methods, practices, materials and tools of modern automotive maintenance and management.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.