Are you inspired by new and emerging technologies, driven to understand how things work and used to living outside the box? Are you curious by nature and able to get into the weeds to reimagine what’s possible? When others say ‘it won’t work’ do you take that as a dare with a continued desire to figure it out? Can you navigate complex organizations, apply critical thinking, influence others, and confidently hack away at the status quo despite obstacles that inevitably present themselves? Does the idea of driving change in a smart city ecosystem teeming with transformative ideas make you want to jump in and lead through blurred lines and white space? Can you inspire others to think of themselves as a customer and go beyond what’s simply expected of you? If you answered yes to any of these --- the DFW Airport Innovation Division wants to hear from you!
As a Senior Innovation Implementation Project Manager, you will play a pivotal role building a newly launched, transformational division at DFW International Airport. This highly visible role reports to the Vice President of Innovation, and works closely with early-stage innovation consultants, internal business executives, and leads the ‘back end of the innovation lifecycle’ efforts on new programs designed to deliver on our promise of “Travel Transformed.” You’ll manage and influence cross-functional project teams, evaluate new technology offerings, lead testing and implementation of pilots, and deliver product development commitments throughout the aggressive march to roll out solutions. You’ll act with a sense of urgency to develop project plans, business plans, financial assessments, and work solutions that help us deliver innovative “firsts” to the airport as well as help identify new revenue streams, enhanced customer experience opportunities, and more. Then—you’ll make recommendations on how to go to market and win the future (and you’ll lay the groundwork to do it!)
What you will be doing:
• Working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to bring new and innovative concepts into the airport ecosystem, with the intent to test, trial and commercialize.
• Regularly present project plans and status reports to sr. executive sponsors
• Evaluating new technologies and collaboration opportunities with stakeholders from throughout the innovation ecosystem (including startups, corporates, academic entities, airline and retail partners and regulatory bodies.) Focus areas include Automation and Mobility (autonomous vehicles), Data Driven Decision-making (AI & ML), Safety & Security, new ventures, digital transformation, and all things related to seamless, frictionless travel for passengers.
• Developing and executing implementation plans while ‘owning’ program process metrics for prototypes and pilots
• Applying appropriate tools and defined methodologies that enable the business to meet customer needs, maintain or grow market share, and ultimately transform the travel industry.
• Coordinating larger and more complex project activities with other business areas to include and identify appropriate stakeholders (i.e., Procurement, IT, Legal, Marketing) and coordinating responsibilities across cross functional teams.
• Managing all projects to completion including project schedule, budget, work plan, success metrics, risks and constraints, and appropriate status reporting to assure project activities are delivered in scope, on time and in budget.
• Creating business requirements, vendor assessments, specifications, prototype de-sign requirements, and quality assurance measures to advance concepts through the innovation process.
What you need:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
• 5 years’ experience in project management, innovation, or product development function.
• Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above on a year-for-year basis.
• Possession of a valid Class C driver’s license.
What we desire:
• Proven experience managing large, complex B-to-B and/or B-to-C projects; management of multi-disciplinary teams in a corporate environment.
• Project management certifications preferred
• Curious by nature. High tolerance for ambiguity and experience working to define solutions and maximize business opportunity – must be flexible in approach to solving problems.
• Acute relationship management skills with keen ability to coordinate, manage and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders – strong communicator and collaborator.
• Ability to roll up sleeves to get the job done, not easily dissuaded by obstacles or challenges, able to find alternative solutions to resolve problems, forward thinking, and positive.
• Ability to be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and able to work in dynamic, collaborative, and open environment.
• Commitment to act with integrity, be transparent and appropriately inclusive, seek new ways that are right for the business and get stuff done.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.