How To Apply
Click Apply Now. Register or log-in to your account. Complete the application in its entirety, including any questionnaire, and click Submit.
If you have questions about the application process, please access our Frequently Asked Questions
At any time during the application process, you can click on the Job Title to which you are applying to return to this page to access the FAQs.
Are you inspired by new and emerging technologies, driven to understand how things work and used to living outside the box? Are you curious by nature and able to get into the weeds to reimagine what’s possible? When others say ‘it won’t work’ do you take that as a dare with a continued desire to figure it out? Can you navigate complex organizations, apply critical thinking, influence others and confidently hack away at the status quo despite obstacles that inevitably present themselves? Does the idea of driving change in a smart city ecosystem teeming with transformative ideas make you want to jump in and lead through blurred lines and white space? Can you inspire others to think of themselves as a customer and go beyond what’s simply expected of you? If you answered yes to any of these --- the DFW Airport Innovation Division wants to hear from you!
As the Senior Innovation Consultant, you will seek new market trends, create consumer insights, assess emerging technologies and their business relevance to develop groundbreaking opportunities that solve internal business problems and drive market growth. This role works closely with the Vice President of Innovation to oversee the discovery, development, and scoping of new solutions to create competitive advantage and seek to transform travel. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a growing and highly visible team that is passionate about new product/service development programs and about building a culture of innovation across the airport enterprise.
What you will be doing:
• Asses innovative capabilities and business models that enable the business to meet customer needs, maintain or grow market share, and potentially transform the travel industry
• Conduct trend analysis, consumer research aggregation, landscape/market analysis to support ideation phase of process and thought leadership
• Lead the analysis and structuring of strategic innovation opportunities using appropriate design thinking methodology and lean canvas models.
• Develop concepts and value propositions including feasibility proposals, business case development and analysis that includes analyzing alternative solutions to determine strategic alignment of the new capability or emerging technology and its value to business (development of unique solutions with patentable IP is possible)
• Develop and present information documents and presentations for senior management to support innovative products, services and business models to obtain “buy in” and approval
What you need:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
• 5 years’ experience working within management consulting, product development, ideation, venture capital or in business development, innovation, strategic planning, product development, professional staff in highly regulated industry or innovation lab
• Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above on a year-for-year basis.
• Possession of a valid Class C driver’s license.
What we desire:
• Knowledge, a strong business acumen, facilitation experience using ideation techniques including design thinking, LEAN start up, and Jobs to be Done. Working knowledge of underlying ecosystem across product, marketing, technology and operations
• Proven ability to develop business cases and express ideas abstractly and graphically and manage and end-to-end innovation process from early stages through business case development and implementation
• Ability to hold him/herself accountable to create unique, market defining ideas, deliver on deadlines, foster a creative environment and act with urgency
• Skill in relationship building and networking to work both internally and externally to form strategic relationships that support innovation objectives and enhance innovation culture
• Expert level communications skills with the proven ability to facilitate groups and deliver executive presentations
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.