How To Apply
Click Apply Now. Register or log-in to your account. Complete the application in its entirety, including any questionnaire, and click Submit.
If you have questions about the application process, please access our Frequently Asked Questions
At any time during the application process, you can click on the Job Title to which you are applying to return to this page to access the FAQs.
Under general supervision, this position will interface daily with the Program Manager for DFW Airport's Water Resource team and provide support in improving overall environmental performance in aspects related to municipal and industrial stormwater, pretreatment, wastewater, and watershed monitoring. The candidate is required to demonstrate a specific understanding of the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality's Texas Pollution Discharge Elimination System (TPDES), especially regulatory requirements pertinent to stormwater and/or pretreatment standards. This position is required to perform technical work within an office environment as well as manual field labor. Technical judgement is required to interpret and apply policy provisions to projects.
What you will be doing:
• Administering assigned environmental compliance program(s); analyzing federal, state, and local environmental regulations that impact airport property, planning and/or operations and developing opportunities to maintain compliance with program areas while promoting watershed health and biodiversity.
• Ensuring effective execution of DFW Airport's Stormwater Management Plan, Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans, and associated water and wastewater permits.
• Ensuring effective execution of DFW's Pretreatment, Water Rights, Dam Safety, and Reclaimed Water programs.
• Conducting field investigations, root-cause analysis, and process mapping to identify infrastructural failures and develop opportunities to improve best management practices and impact design.
• Performing testing and sampling of soil, water, building materials and/or air in accordance with applicable regulatory criteria; analyzes and interprets data. Operate various in-situ and field water monitoring equipment to support the airport's stormwater, watershed, and TMDL related programs.
What you need:
• Bachelor's degree in physical or life sciences, environmental science, engineering or related field from an accredited college or university.
• Two (2) years of professional experience in environmental operations, environmental analysis, or environmental program administration.
• Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
• Possession of a valid Class C driver's license.
What we desire:
• Experience with industrial/municipal/construction stormwater compliance, industrial wastewater treatment, reclaimed water programs, and dam safety training.
• Educational background and/or practical experience in developing and using scientific processes to investigate environmental problems related to water resources and biodiversity.
• Experience with operating various water quality monitoring equipment and communication systems.
• Experience with utilizing software programs Access, ArcMap GIS, VEOCI, HTML, and business software.
• Experience in technical laboratory and equipment quality assurance/quality control.
• Experience working in all weather conditions and performing investigations at sites that may include remote or undeveloped areas.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.