How To Apply
Click Apply Now. Register or log-in to your account. Complete the application in its entirety, including any questionnaire, and click Submit.
If you have questions about the application process, please access our Frequently Asked Questions
At any time during the application process, you can click on the Job Title to which you are applying to return to this page to access the FAQs.
As the Senior Communications Manager, you will assist in the development and execution of strategic communications for the Airport’s earned, owned, and paid channels to expand and improve the reputation of DFW among employees, customers, and stakeholders. In addition to leading the crisis communications plan, you’ll have the opportunity to refine and enhance communications tactics that strengthen DFW Airport’s reputation.
What you will be doing:
• Developing and implementing communication strategies to favorably position DFW Airport and proactively advance the Airport’s image in the region, the industry and world-wide market.
• Collaborating within the department and across the airport to develop and execute the communications plans that reach the appropriate audiences in a coordinated fashion through multiple owned, earned, and paid channels.
• Conceiving and developing strategic communications plans and programs, outlining goals, key audiences, stakeholders, objectives, recommended channels, expected results, metrics for success and timelines for corporate initiatives, advancing DFW Airport’s reputation and engagement with employees, customers, stakeholders, business partners and Tier One media around the world.
• Drafting and editing presentations, news releases, social media content, internal communications content, and other communications or marketing assets as assigned.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, customers, and stakeholders, including Board members, community partners and media.
• Directing and implementing internal communication plans and leads the day-to-day internal communications strategies, including the development of DFW’s intranet, digital signs, executive communications, emails, and other channels for employees.
• Collaborating with other department leaders to provide proactive leadership, develops direct reports and others in the department to refine and enhance internal communications tactics that strengthen DFW Airport’s reputation.
• Drafting and editing internal presentations, all internal communications content and other communications as assigned such as Town Hall events.
• Maintaining, updating, and implementing the Airport’s internal communications policies.
• Developing strategic internal communications and plans and programs, outlining goals, for the DFW Airport workforce. The role will recommend channels, expected results, metrics for success and timelines for corporate initiatives, advancing DFW Airport’s reputation and engagement with employees
• Overseeing video script and production as part of “storytelling to employees” with all available video assets.
• Leading, refining, and playing an active role in crisis planning and response, providing 24/7 support with a focus on employee communications.
• Managing corporate communications initiatives as assigned.
• Oversee a staff of 3 managers.
• Directing and implementing external communication plans and leads the day-to-day media relations, acting as a spokesperson.
• Leading, developing and refining the Airport’s crisis communications planning and response, coordinating messaging and content through all owned, earned, and paid channels to protect and promote the Airport’s brand to all audiences. On-call 24/7 for activations of the Emergency Operations Center, leading the efforts for all internal and external communications.
• Developing external communications strategies, with an emphasis on reaching local, national, and international audiences through owned and earned channels.
• Maintaining, updating, and implementing the Airport’s media relations and crisis communications plans.
• Establishing relationships with local, national, and international media to enhance the reputation of the Airport through proactive and reactive news stories.
• Overseeing and leveraging the management of key media partnerships and media relations.
• Oversee a staff of 3 managers.
What you need:
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, communications, or a related field.
• Six (6) years of experience in journalism, corporate communications, public relations, marketing, or related field with responsibility for managing strategic internal and/or external communication, developing communication programs and producing and supervising corporate annual reports and other publications.
• Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
• Possession of a valid Class C driver’s license.
What we desire:
• Strong management and project management skills.
• Ability to work well under pressure and with shifting priorities.
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently in cross-functional teams.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.