The Vice President, Procurement and Materials Management leads DFW Airport’s centralized Procurement department to support the achievement of the Airport’s strategic business plan. This department manages the end-to-end procurement process from purchasing, contract solicitation, administration, payments, and materials management through central warehousing and excess or obsolete property management. This leader ensures that all Procurement activities are successfully completed in accordance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations along with all DFW Airport policies.
What you will be doing:
• Works in a complex fast paced high demand environment ensuring procurement needs are met to support a large-scale progressive airport business environment. Provide high quality, cost effective, and timely procurement processes to meet the needs of internal and external customers.
• Directly supports the Airports Supplier Diversity program and goals, including solicitation commitments, community outreach and active event participation.
• Ensures the timely availability of quality materials, supplies, equipment, design, construction, concessions, and professional services in support of the Airport Board’s revenue generation, operational and administrative functions. Includes the planning and scheduling of procurement activities to meet the requirements of the monthly Board cycle.
• Provides review and final approval of procurement-related Official Board Actions and other reports for the Board of Directors to ensure accuracy and timeliness. Attends Board meetings and responds to inquiries about procurement-related issues.
• Reviews and approves complex solicitations, bid evaluations, and recommendations for contract awards; also leads negotiations and participates in dispute resolution on behalf of procurement.
• Ensures all department activities are in compliance with Federal, State, and local, law, rules, and regulations and with Airport policies and procedures. Utilizes this knowledge to support non-traditional airport-related activities, such as natural gas drilling solicitations. Develops appropriate internal procedures and managerial controls.
What you need:
• Bachelor’s degree in purchasing, business, public administration, or a related field.
• Seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in strategic sourcing, purchasing, and contracting, for a comparable size organization.
• Experience developing career paths and mentoring team members to insure ongoing growth and opportunities within the organization.
• Experience developing and managing vendor relations programs to ensure contract commitments are executed and managed in a collaborative and respectfully manner.
• Possession of a valid Class C driver’s license.
What we desire:
• Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.), Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO), Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or other equivalent professional certification.
• Experience in utilizing Oracle Fusion and other automated procurement systems.
• Procurement leadership experience in a public (government) organization.
• Experience utilizing electronic solicitation and evaluation processes for competitive Bids and Proposals.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of nearly 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.