As an Infrastructure Planning Engineer in the Planning department, you will be a part of a dynamic team that is molding the future shape and design of DFW Airport. Your knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems will be instrumental in developing plans for the replacement of the Airport’s physical infrastructure and will support with long-range programming to justify capital expenditures to maintain facilities to Airport standards.
What you will be doing:
• Collaborating with project managers, engineers, architects, and technicians to identify, develop, and document project requirements associated with the Infrastructure Capital Program.
• Supporting Design Code and Construction (DCC), Energy, Transportation & Asset Management (ETAM), and Planning teams with the phasing of projects and implementation factors that affect capital project development.
• Developing and managing plans to prioritize and schedule the rehabilitation of Airport facilities and other infrastructure assets.
• Providing technical expertise in the preparation of Program/Project Definition Documents to advance projects from a planning concept into design development, adding programmatic details relative to spatial characteristics, demand requirements capacity characteristics, processing efficiency and design criteria necessary for establishing a well-defined project scope of work.
• Translating airport planning concepts into a well-defined project in terms of scope, schedule, and cost by establishing the detailed interior and exterior physical layouts and configuration, performance criteria and design parameters need to smoothly transition the project into design development.
What you need:
• Bachelor's degree in engineering or architecture.
• Five (5) years of experience in Airport systems infrastructure (MEP, baggage handling system BHS, conveyances, and passenger boarding bridges).
• Possession of a valid class C driver's license.
What we desire:
• Ability to assess facility and system condition reports and appropriately validate/confirm recommendations made for rehabilitation/replacement.
• Knowledge of local, state, and federal ordinances, codes and regulations related to public engineering projects.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.