As the Development Construction Manager, in the Commercial Development department, you will oversee the design and construction programs of business initiatives for land development projects and redevelopment of existing facilities. Manage the capital improvement program, design, permitting, construction and ensure that projects are staying within budget, scheduling, contracting, and are in compliance with the approved plan of development designs and development design guidelines.
What you will be doing:
- Overseeing the creation of development design guidelines and plan of development program submittals, review processes, and evaluation criteria for Airport real property.
- Managing design and construction program parameters including overall project controls and development metrics (cost management, schedule generation and review, quality assurance, payment application, and adherence to contracts and agreements).
- Initiating and managing design and construction estimation and validation efforts and creates and oversees Capital Improvement Projects and other required project funding documentation.
- Directing development, design, and construction contractor and consultant resources for infrastructure and facilities projects and programs.
- Managing Commercial Development professional services agreements and delivery orders.
- Leading, coaching, and developing a team that supports Commercial Development & Real Estate initiatives.
What you need:
- Bachelor's degree in construction, engineering, architecture, business, real estate, or related field
- Five (5) years of experience in real estate development, construction, planning and design, or project management.
- Four (4) years supervisory or team leadership experience.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
- Possession of a valid Class C driver’s license.
What we desire:
- Ability to perform real property related financial analyses and construction cost evaluation, develop and draft financial reports and business proposals.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles and practices of real estate involving property development and management, particularly design and construction industry documents and procedures.
- Knowledge of the statutes and ordinances governing the development, construction, acquisition, lease, sale and management of real property.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, managing multiple projects simultaneously.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.