As a Commercial Development Services Manager, your expertise in asset management of commercial properties, financials, budget preparation, investment analysis, and capital forecasting will allow you to manage and recommend best plan of action for approximately 150 assets and their associated utilities across the Airport. You will lead the Assessment and Inspection Management Program to measure and report on their conditions to ensure that the Airport’s assets are maintained to the highest of standards. Responsible for creating revenue forecasting and tracking systems for Public Facilities Improvement Corporation (PFIC) and Airport-owned facilities and portfolios.
What you will be doing:
- Manages the day-to-day operations of Commercial Development portfolio of assets to ensure effective financial management, investment performance analysis, acquisition, development, redevelopment, lease administration and property management of the Airport’s and PFIC’s non-airline related real property and facilities.
- Reviews the business and financial plans of existing and proposed commercial activities to determine the short-term and long-term viability of the business
- Provides review of cost benefit analysis or other applicable financial standards for projects.
- Develops and maintains revenue and expenditure controls in accordance with the Commercial Development Department’s requirements, objectives, and procedures.
- Reviews and communicates discrepancies affecting contracts and other documents. Reviews and recommends changes to (PFIC) agreements and manages contract compliance and quality control.
- Plans, organizes and manages:
- the non-airline tenant and utility property management (includes boundary integrity, utility/rights-of-way and reverted properties process);
- the land planning, construction oversight, development and lease management associated with non-airline tenants and related Airport Board and PFIC property; and
- Acts as liaison to consultants, tenants, governmental entities and Board departments on capital development projects, environmental matters and code compliance.
- Meets with individual developers, real estate brokers/agents, consultants and businesses interested in establishing commercial facilities at the Airport.
What you need:
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, investment, asset management, real estate or related field.
- Six (6) years of experience in real estate development and redevelopment, finance, investment, and asset management.
- Four (4) years supervisory or team leadership experience.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
- Possession of a valid Class C driver’s license.
What we desire:
- Skill in the use of financial analysis and forecasting methods to project revenues from hospitality, industrial, logistics, cargo, office, and retail projects and review of financial statements for such projects to verify financial stability and determine equitable rents, rates, and fees.
- Knowledge of asset management, assessments, and inspections of facilities such as hotels, office, industrial, logistics, cargo, commercial, and retail developments in and around DFW Airport.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of property development and asset management (preferably at a major airport).
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.