The Fire Training Research Center (FTRC) Senior Operations Manager, will be responsible for the daily operations and administration of the FTRC. The FTRC has served more than 38,000 students worldwide and is a global leader in Fire Training. The training center offers over 20 courses and has instructed students from 48 states and 54 countries. As the FTRC Senior Operations Manager, you will have a hand in the continuous success of producing innovative and cutting-edge training to support emergency first responders worldwide.
What you will be doing:
- Managing the operational activities, programs and staff of the FTRC.
- Driving the execution of the FTRC strategic plan including sales and marketing, strategic growth, programming, and talent development.
- Overseeing the budget and execution of the facility, operations, administration, and talent enhancements as well as three cost centers.
- Reporting directly to the Fire Chief / Assistant Director of Public Safety.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, business management or related field.
- Five (5) years of experience as a program manager in academia, government, or related field.
- Three (3) years of direct supervisory experience.
- Must have understanding of profit and loss statements. Possession of a valid Class C driver's license.
What we desire:
- Ability to proficiently manage multi-skilled, multi-tiered team of associates and oversee daily operations with strong decision-making and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to engage team to meet objectives and align with the organization’s strategic plan.
- Knowledge of budgets and financial models, QuickBooks a plus and possess the ability to oversee an organization’s Profit and Loss statements.
- Skilled in the operation of modern office equipment: A/V, Microsoft Office, email, photocopy, printers.
- Relationships with government entities that could advance the mission and training programs.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to build and foster effective and harmonious working relationships both within an organization and with external associates.
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.