One of the core priorities at DFW Airport is safety, and as a Pavement Maintenance Worker your work will directly impact the safety of the airport. In this position, you will work with an assigned crew to maintain, and repair the concrete, and asphalt surfaces around the airport. Your impactful work will be concentrated on runways, taxiways, roadways, and parking lots. You will have the opportunity to directly ensure the performance of the airport is successful every single day.
What you will be doing:
• Excavate, repair and maintain concrete and asphalt surfaces throughout the Airport; control erosion, maintain storm drains and flumes, and remove snow.
• Operate the following types of powered or mobile equipment and vehicles to maintain concrete and asphalt surfaces: 2 1/2- and 5 - ton dump trucks, sweepers, backhoe, crack sealing machine, grader, dozer, track loader, box blade, rubber tire loader, joint seal machine, seal coat machine, pavement scrubber and all types of landside and airside winter weather equipment including plows, blowers, spreaders, brooms and deicing trucks.
• Repair pavement area by excavating to grade or by removing defective concrete or asphalt with jackhammer, power saw or excavation equipment.
• Determine proper mix, prepare and pour paving material; finish surfaces with manual and powered hand tools.
• Clean, check fluid levels, add fluid and lubricate assigned vehicles and equipment.
• May oversee and participate in the work of an assigned crew.
• Perform repairs and installations to fencing, guardrails and crash cushions.
What you need:
• Completion of high school curriculum or equivalent.
• One (1) year experience in concrete or asphalt repair and finish.
• Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
• Possession of a valid Class A or B CDL driver’s license or ability to obtain the license in a predetermined time frame.
What we desire:
• Must have a good private driving record: (a) no more than two (2) convictions of moving violations in the last 36 months and (b) no DWI convictions in the last 60 months.
• Ability to work rotating shift assignment.
• Knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions in working with hot asphalt mix and operating road machinery and equipment.
• Knowledge of the techniques and practices in finishing concrete and asphalt surfaces.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.