How To Apply
Click Apply Now. Register or log-in to your account. Complete the application in its entirety, including any questionnaire, and click Submit.
If you have questions about the application process, please access our Frequently Asked Questions
At any time during the application process, you can click on the Job Title to which you are applying to return to this page to access the FAQs.
As the Environmental Emergency Response Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the response to spills and accidental releases of hazardous materials to the environment. In addition, this position will be responsible for the operational aspects associated with aircraft and airfield deicing operations to ensure that stakeholders are educated and in compliance with applicable environmental laws. The ER Manager will support other Program Managers in implementation of Environmental Affairs’ stakeholder role in DFW’s Sustainability Policy and implementation of DFW Airport’s Environmental Management System and Environmental Policy and implements Best Management & Good Housekeeping Practices. Management may be exercised over contractors/consultants and a multi-disciplined in-house staff. You will also develop and maintain schedules and budgets for all aspects of assigned airport emergency response projects, including planning, resource management and operational implementation.
What you will be doing:
• Developing and implementing emergency response and contingency plans for the Environmental Affairs Department.
• Conducting root cause analysis and trend analysis of environmental emergencies to include tracking, trending, analysis, and reporting. Providing proactive and innovative solutions to minimize environmental liabilities.
• Collaborating and assisting the Airport Integrated Operations Center (IOC) as environmental liaison for 24-hour airport operations to integrate digital strategies supporting organized information dissemination to support appropriate environmental response actions including coordination of actions for field responders to mitigate or correct environmental concerns.
• Responding to environmental emergencies; working with state and federal agencies in responding to environmental emergencies. Deploying emergency intervention devices such as booms, absorbent materials, and neutralizing agents.
• Developing contingency/response plans for environmental emergencies; reviewing staff response to emergencies and implementing changes to plans and procedures based on review of staff performance; working to improve staff performance in responding to emergencies.
• Overseeing and coordinating all operational readiness training related to emergency responses and winter weather operations for internal EAD staff as well as key stakeholders.
• Utilizing computer systems and digital strategies to interpret and analyzing emergency response data and presenting performance metrics to department executives.
What you need:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, environmental/aviation sciences, physical or life sciences, or a related field.
• Six (6) years of professional experience in management, planning, and execution of environmental and/or engineering programs.
• Two (2) years of supervisory experience.
• Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
• Possession of a valid Class C driver’s license.
What we desire:
• Ability to detect and correct plan issues, variances and problems using standard change management practices.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective Customer Service/Stakeholder relationships with others inside and outside the organization.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.