How To Apply
Click Apply Now. Register or log-in to your account. Complete the application in its entirety, including any questionnaire, and click Submit.
If you have questions about the application process, please access our Frequently Asked Questions
At any time during the application process, you can click on the Job Title to which you are applying to return to this page to access the FAQs.
As a Contract Administrator, you will be responsible for preparing and administering, commodity, general, information technology and professional services contracts. You will also collaborate with Airport departments in developing and writing requests for bids/proposals as well as manage the solicitation process and negotiate terms and conditions. You will also write and administer contracts, manage and facilitate contract execution, including ensuring compliance with contract provisions, negotiating and writing change orders, delivery orders, and claim settlement agreements, and overseeing contract closeout.
What you will be doing:
• Collaborating with Airport departments to develop bid proposal packages for competitive bidding, requests for competitive sealed proposals and requests for qualifications/proposals for professional services.
• Conducting pre-bid and pre-proposal conferences, bid openings, reviews submittals, manages the evaluation and negotiation process to determine the selected vendor, analyzes proposals and evaluates pricing, works with evaluation committee to recommend selected vendor to management. Documenting the solicitation and evaluation process, statistics and conclusions.
• Planning, preparing, and conducting negotiations or participating on negotiating teams for new work, changes, claims, etc. writes changes orders, claim settlement agreements, and other required documentation.
• Advising Board staff and consultant project managers of potential contractual problems and provides contract interpretations.
• Ensuring compliance with commercial or business aspects of work (i.e. wage rates, bond and insurance requirements); in conjunction with Risk Management ensuring adequacy of insurance coverage and continued coverage throughout the contract performance period.
What you need:
• Bachelor's degree in business or public administration or other related business, technical/engineering or information technology field.
• Two (2) years of progressively responsible purchasing experience or experience administering general or professional service contracts.
• Experience in negotiating new contracts and modifications/changes to contracts.
• Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
• Possession of a valid Class C driver's license.
What we desire:
• Ability to review contract documents for discrepancies and conformance to standards.
• Ability to meet and interface with vendors, contractors, tenants, consultants, Board staff and other interested parties to exchange information, explain and interpret standards and resolve differences.
• Ability to communicate effectively and clearly, both orally and in writing, in general and technical terms, with Board staff, contractors, Board tenants and management.
• Skill in operating a personal computer and other high technology tools/software to capture and maintain records of contract activity and to reconcile data.
• Experience in the use of Microsoft Suite Applications
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.