As an Automotive Technician for the Heavy Equipment Section, you will work with a team of technicians that troubleshoot, maintain, and repair over 260 pieces of heavy equipment. We are looking for a well-rounded mechanic that has great customer service, leadership skills who can effectively control the quality of work being completed in this section.
What you will be doing:
- Performs tune-ups, replacing parts and making adjustments, using test equipment and technical manuals.
- Uses test equipment to troubleshoot problems, determines corrective action, makes repairs or adjustments and road tests vehicles or equipment to make certain that problem or condition has been corrected.
- Repairs carburetors, generator-alternators, ball joints, shocks, wheel bearings/seals, starters, fuel pumps and other equipment.
- Repairs, replaces and services transmissions, drive shafts, U-joints and differential axles.
- Repairs carburetors, generator-alternators, ball joints, shocks, wheel bearings/seals, starters, fuel pumps and other equipment
What you need:
- Completion of high school curriculum or equivalent.
- Three (3) years’ experience as an automotive mechanic.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
- Must possess a set of mechanic's tools to perform skilled work.
What we desire:
- Skill in diagnosing and repairing a variety of types of automotive equipment – including small vehicles, medium and large size trucks, and bus equipment.
- Ability to test and diagnose malfunctioning equipment and systems.
- Ability to operate automotive machine shop equipment such as lathe, press, gas and electric welding apparatus, drill press and related equipment
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.