As a Building Automation Systems Admin, you will analyze the effectiveness of existing building automation systems (BAS), monitor the operation and development of BAS for new facilities, and assist in expanding/integrating BAS’s across the airport enterprise but will sometime include Airport specific systems such as passenger boarding bridges, etc. You will work alongside different departments and vendors to ensure that BAS implementations are appropriately coordinated and integrated into the building facility systems.
What you will be doing:
• Serving as the principal point of contact for all facility related BAS hardware and software applications.
• Analyzes and evaluates new process automation development programs, trends, obsolescence forecasts, and customer satisfaction.
• Troubleshooting, maintaining, and installing BAS-related hardware and software; developing, modifying, implementing and performing testing on new and existing BAS applications hardware and software. Performs application updates.
• Participating in the design, reviews plans and specifications, and coordinates new project activity with Airport and contractor consultant personnel
• Verifying health of system components, communications, and equipment and ensures system backups.
• Assisting in analyzing facility energy utilization and makes recommendations or implements program changes to reduce energy consumption.
• Using understanding of physical plant operations, mechanical HVAC equipment, electrical generation and distribution equipment, security and BAS components to review project specifications, drawings and other documents to establish project intent to develop or engineer valued solutions for implementation.
What you need:
• Bachelor’s degree from a recognized accredited university.
• Five (5) years of verifiable experience with medium to large BAS.
• Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience to equal two (2) years of work experience for one (1) year of education may be substituted for the above.
• Possession of a valid Class C driver’s license.
What we desire:
• A good understanding of the operation of mechanical/electrical systems (e.g., lighting controls, HVAC production and distribution fire alarm systems, data center systems, etc.), industrial controls (e.g., PLC’s), and CMMS, along with automation/IP security.
• Skill in the use of the Tritium Niagara AX platform.
• Proven ability with BAS integration using open protocols including BACnet, Lon Works, XML, OPC, and ModBus.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.