The Airport Security Division has an aim to protect the airport from security threats, detect potential vulnerabilities, and deter those who seek to do us harm. In this role, you will perform observation and reporting to prevent attacks and protect the National Airspace System (NAS). You will also maintain a professional appearance including uniform to allow the traveling public to be at ease within the airport. In this role, you will have the opportunity to serve and support passengers and property for one of the largest and busiest airports in the world.
What you will be doing:
• Inspecting all vehicles attempting to enter through AOA gates, ensuring that each vehicle possesses a valid DFW Airport-issued AOA decal, and that all individuals possess a current/valid DFW International Airport Board Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) badge; inspecting of vehicles (cabs, underneath) and additional areas as necessary.
• Performing terminal security patrols of areas including but not limited to sterile areas, employee portals, Skylink stations, baggage claim areas, parking garages, curbside and terminal ramp areas.
• Performing roving security patrols of areas including but not limited to AOA fence line and gates, cargo and hangar areas, airport Board buildings, construction, and critical infrastructure sites.
• Composing reports as deemed necessary and appropriate by DPS management of activities and maintaining logs of visitor activity in DFW Airport office buildings.
• Notifying DPS management of any attempts to enter the AOA, terminal sterile areas, office buildings, or any other assigned area of surveillance without proper authorization or of any suspicious circumstances that may affect the security of the Airport premises.
• Coordinating with Police Services and other Board departments on traffic management at terminals and emergent areas throughout the airport
• Providing a variety of additional duties within the Department of Public Safety to include staging of assets for disaster and emergency response, special events security and support, other duties as assigned.
What you need:
• Completion of high school curriculum or equivalent
• Two (2) years related work experience
• Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above
• Must be available to work a set schedule that is likely to include all shifts, including weekends and holidays.
• Possession of a valid Class C driver’s license
• Has not been convicted of a Class “B” misdemeanor within the last ten years or any offense greater than a Class “B”
• Ability to pass a medical physical examination
• Ability to pass a drug test
• Ability to obtain and maintain an FBI Criminal Justice Information System (CJIS) clearance
What we desire:
• TCLEOSE certifications
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose