As an Administrative Assistant II, you will be responsible for providing administrative support for the Assistant Fire Chief and serving as a customer facing point of contact for the department. Multitasking will be required to effectively manage the front desk, and/or individually assigned tasks as needed.
What you will be doing:
- Preparing deposits of checks, cash, and credit cards, or verifying deposit amounts.
- Assisting in the research and collection of report data from sources external to the department and assisting with program administration and special projects.
- Processing travel requests including the arranging and confirmation of flights, hotels, rental cars, etc.
- Processing and distributing mail and departmental documents and forms; picking up and delivering mail, packages, boxes, and other items to and from different locations on the Airport.
- Performing related administrative duties such as copying and faxing correspondence and documents, maintaining and filing documents in filing system, maintaining appointment schedules, maintaining departmental library, processing timecards, and taking and transcribing dictation.
- Using word processing software (Microsoft Word), types and proofreads letters, memoranda, forms and reports from notes, rough drafts and verbal or written instructions; distributes and files finished product.
What you need:
- Completion of high school curriculum or equivalent.
- Two (2) years of administrative experience.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
- Some Board Department Administrative Assistant II positions require that the applicant has not been convicted of a Felony, Class A and/or Class B Misdemeanor criminal offense.
- Some Board Department Administrative Assistant II positions require that the applicant has not been convicted of any family violence offense.
What we desire:
- Ability to perform intermediate mathematical calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious internal and external working relationships.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.