Do you want to be a part of a team that oversees a multimillion-dollar train system? You will be responsible for monitoring the SkyLink train system at DFW Airport that has 64 cars, carries 10,000 passengers per hour, and makes its circuit in 20 mins. You will also monitor passenger safety in and around the train system with the state-of-the-art CCTV and alarm systems, handle any emergency calls, and report issues.
What you will be doing:
• Analyzing real time information and controls overall SkyLink operation by correcting or circumventing problems through computer command keyboard input and/or by directing and dispatching maintenance personnel in response to operational needs.
• Analyzing all available data to determine need and declares state of alert or emergency, closes or restores the SkyLink system and briefs applicable Airport Board, SkyLink maintenance and airline personnel on the status of the system.
• Analyzing and directing transportation service levels, adjusts SkyLink route loading to meet demand of schedule, airline forecast or real time observation; analyzes service impact, then directs and implements alternative service modes.
• Through interaction with the communications and CCTV systems, monitoring platforms, stations, intrusion alarms, customer activity and any other system that affects customer service and security.
• Assisting with the investigation of accidents, incidents, events and passenger inconveniences, and assists to resolve system user complaints of passengers and tenants; assists the traveling public through various customer service functions.
What you need:
• Completion of high school curriculum or equivalent.
• Three (3) years of experience with console control systems in a real-time environment. Examples may include (but are not limited to) Airport Operations Centers, Rail, Public Transit or Public Safety dispatch or Government/Military operations facilities.
• Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
• Possession of a valid Class C driver’s license.
What we desire:
• Ability to analyze data from a variety of sources and make decisions rapidly in a real time environment.
• Ability to attend to several sources of information, audio and visual, simultaneously.
• Ability to work independently and under stressful conditions
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.