As the Assistant Vice President of Code, Construction and Survey, in the Design, Code and Construction department, you will direct and coordinate project plans and code compliance review for design, construction, and modification of facilities. You will oversee and monitor on-site inspections of all facilities for compliance with adopted codes and regulations, state and federal accessibility laws, FAA regulations, design criteria, and the DFW Construction and Fire Prevention Standards. You will also oversee land survey activities for the development of airport facilities. Your work will involve an understanding of the engineering and architectural disciplines sufficient to make sound judgments on adherence to adopted codes. Under general direction of the Vice President, Design, Code and Construction, you plan, organize, supervise, and administer the enforcement of state, federal, and local codes for all construction on airport property.
What you will be doing:
- Developing policies, guidelines, programs, and activities related to the design, construction and modification of facilities on airport property to ensure compliance with the DFW Design Criteria Manual, adopted codes and amendments, as well as federal & state regulations
- Acting as the Airport’s Building Official, with full responsibility for the review and approval of all construction permits and certificates of occupancy for all construction on airport property
- Supervising the Construction Permit program, including plan review and field inspections; establish systems which provide for expeditious review while protecting the airport’s interests and supporting the Goals and Initiatives of the Board
- Determining construction project needs related to Commissioning, FAA Airspace Approval, Texas Accessibility Standards, and ADA requirements; track and determine project status within each agency’s system prior to issuance of a permit and/or a certificate of occupancy
- Assessing and develop policies and procedures for all surveying activities on airport property
What you need:
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, architecture, engineering, or a related field.
- Seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in the enforcement of construction codes, state, federal and local regulations for a public organization or municipality.
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible management experience.
- Must obtain a Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) Airport Identification/Access Badge (badge) in accordance with Department of Homeland Security Transportation Security Administration (TSA) requirements in Chapter 49 of the Code of Federal Regulations Part 1500 et al., and DFW Airport’s Airport Security Program within thirty (30) days from date of employment and maintain qualification for a SIDA badge upon each badge renewal.
- This is a designated safety sensitive position as defined in DFW Airport’s Drug and Alcohol Administrative Policy and Procedure. Applicants selected for this position will be required to pass a drug test prior to employment and to submit to drug screening on a random basis during the length of their employment in the safety sensitive position.
- Possession of a valid Class C driver's license.
• Registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Texas or ability to obtain such through reciprocity or registration within 18 months of hire.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.