As an Electronics Technician you will use state of the art equipment to ensure that the access points, traffic control, airfield lights are operating to the highest of standards. You will play an integral part that directly affects the operational effectiveness of the entire airport.
What you will be doing:
- Troubleshoot, install, program, monitor, repair, and maintenance of DFW Airport’s traffic signal System, Uninterruptable Power Supply System (UPS), Automated Access Control System, airfield temperature sensors System and other support to electronics systems.
- Assist project managers in coordinating work performed by contractors on assigned systems.
- Read, interpret, and work from blueprints, schematics, drawings and systems’ technical specifications.
- Perform system upgrades or modifications using a laptop computer with appropriate application software.
- Test electronic circuits to locate defective system components using oscilloscopes, signal generators, multimeters.
What you need
- Completion of High School Curriculum or equivalent.
- Three (3) years of experience in repair and maintenance of electronic systems and equipment.
- Formal training in general electronics.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
- Must be able to pass a medical physical examination.
- Possession of a valid Class C driver's license.
What we desire:
- Knowledge of the installation, maintenance and repair principles and practices applicable to Central Fire Alarm, AACS, and CCTV and UPS systems.
- Knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions associated with electronic, electrical and electro-mechanical trades, with specific knowledge of 120VAC and 220VAC equipment and devices and/or the hazards and safety precautions associated with the area of assignment.
- Ability to use personal computers and applications software such as Microsoft Office.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.