As the Senior Accountant, in our Finance Department you will be participating in the processing, maintaining, and reporting of the Airport’s financial information. Other responsibilities include professional level work in governmental accounting, financial analysis, and other projects as assigned.
What you will be doing:
• Preparing monthly financial report and key performance indicator package for senior management and the board of directors.
• Performing technical advanced-level accounting, applying appropriate principles, practices, and procedures when recording, maintaining, adjusting, and balancing financial records.
• Extracting data from established accounts, summary, and detail ledgers; prepares comprehensive, accurate, concise reports and financial schedules, including supporting documentation.
• Participating in the development and analysis of Airport trends and activities and quantifies potential financial impact.
• Participating in the month-end and year-end close process and procedures to prepare required schedules and reports.
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), accounting practices, and procedures.
What you need:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
• Three (3) years of experience in financial accounting.
• Two (2) years of experience in financial analysis.
• Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
• Possession of a valid Class C driver's license.
What we desire:
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
• Master’s in Business or Public Administration.
• Three (3) years of experience in project management.
• Experience in preparing financial statements and writing explanations for variances
• Progressively responsible, professional-level experience in accounting functions.
• Knowledge of contract administration principles and practices.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.