As an Journeyman Electrician you will act as the backbone for the airport, you will assist with the installation, repair, replacement, and servicing of electrical equipment around the Airport is maintained properly. You will also be instrumental in assisting with troubleshooting and repairing equipment when repair calls come in. Your attention to detail, and clear understanding of electrical systems will play a pivotal part in the operational efficiency of DFW International Airport.
What you will be doing:
• Inspects, services and repairs illuminated signs, roadway and parking area lighting, and traffic signal systems.
• Removes and replaces ballasts, transformers, capacitors, sockets, starters, fuses, lamps in lighting systems and trouble shoots PLC circuits.
• Repairs and replaces parts in motors, generators, switchboards, regulators, controllers and control circuits.
• Repairs and services airfield lighting on taxiways, runways, aprons, blast walls, security fences and illuminated signs.
• Participates in Airport winter weather operations as required.
What you need:
• Completion of high school curriculum or equivalent
• Three (3) years of experience in airfield, industrial or commercial electrical systems or related field.
• Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
• Possession of a Journeyman Electrician license issued by the State of Texas.
• Ability to pass a color vision deficiency test.
What we desire:
• Knowledge of the codes, practices, methods, tools and materials of the electrical trade.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.