How To Apply
Click Apply Now. Register or log-in to your account. Complete the application in its entirety, including any questionnaire, and click Submit.
If you have questions about the application process, please access our Frequently Asked Questions
At any time during the application process, you can click on the Job Title to which you are applying to return to this page to access the FAQs.
As a Police Records Management Coordinator, you will be responsible for maintaining, indexing, updating, and retrieving current and historical information from Police records. You will use the records management systems and associated software to perform department records management duties to include inventory and retention of files. You will have the opportunity to work alongside and provide critical support to DFW Airport Police Officers to help make them more effective.
What you will be doing:
• Processing police arrest, offense, miscellaneous incident reports, forms, and citations; performing quality checks ensuring that forms accurately reflect appropriate NIBRS (National Incident Based Reporting System) codes and location/events described.
• Fulfilling open record requests by providing information and materials, both in digital and/or hard copy, in response to requests from both internal and external requestors including citizens, vendors, legal, and Airport Board Departments.
• Performing Records Management duties by coordinating the transfer of inactive records from DPS to the Airport’s Records Center; retrieving files and information from the Records Center; monitoring adherence to records control schedules, purging, and overseeing the destruction of records that have met their retention dates.
• Compiling, preparing, and maintaining a variety of statistical reports; maintaining and filing documents in filing system and databases while protecting the confidentiality of sensitive security information.
• Assisting in administrative detail of work unit, including review and development of policies and procedures, as well as performing other tasks as assigned by the Lead Records Management Coordinator or a Police Supervisor.
• Assisting customers via phone, email, and/or in-person at DPS HQs along with serving as a liaison between the Airport and Municipal Court Clerks to resolve bond, background, and citation-related issues.
What you need:
• Completion of high school curriculum or equivalent
• Three (3) years of responsible clerical experience (including database experience), records management experience or experience in a public safety environment
• Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above on a year-for-year basis
• Ability to pass a full background investigation
• Ability to pass a truth verification examination
• Ability to pass a medical physical examination
What we desire:
• Completion of college coursework in a related field or two (2) years of experience in Law Enforcement Records Management.
• Ability to obtain the following certifications within nine (9) months of hire into this position:
• Texas Department of Public Safety CJIS (Criminal Justice Information System) Security Awareness Certification.
• Texas Department of Public Safety TLETS (Texas Law Enforcement Telecommunication System) Mobile Certification
• Texas Department of Public Safety TCIC (Texas Crime Information Center) Less Than Full Access (no CCH access) Certification
• Ability to successfully complete Records Management training courses
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.