As a Utilities Designer, you will support the Energy and Utilities professional and technical staff by using Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD), and Geographic Information System (GIS) systems, aiding in the production of schematics, exhibits, plans, maps, and diagrams of the Airport’s existing and new utilities and energy services.
What you will be doing:
- Develops CADD based graphics in support of the Airport’s energy and utility operations.
- Produces bid/construction quality engineering drawings in support of various departments.
- Maintains CADD and GIS data/mapping library to support of Energy and Utilities Services initiatives. Uses existing DFW GIS system to pull, organize, create and update data and maps related to Airport’s energy and utility infrastructure
- Interfaces with ITS/GIS staff to ensure proper translation of quality control procedures and technical requirements of DFW GIS system.
- Communicates with staff and stakeholder departments throughout the life cycle of a given project to ensure maximum productivity.
- Produces presentation quality graphics as requested by staff.
What you need:
- Associate degree in planning, landscape architecture, engineering or a related field from an accredited university.
- Four (4) years’ experience in applying graphics, CADD, and GIS technologies to energy and/or utility related projects.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience, with additional work experience substituting for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
- Possession of a valid Class C driver’s license.
What we desire:
- Knowledge of graphics, CADD (AutoCAD) and GIS (ArcGIS V9) software used by DFW Airport.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.