As a Commissioning Manager you will oversee the commissioning of capital improvement projects being completed at the airport. You will verify compliance with contract requirements in regard to the performance of the designed installation of equipment/systems and receipt of approved O&M Manuals, as-built drawings, training, and warranties. You will accept projects for ETAM ownership after completion of the Commissioning of the projects in accordance with Board Policies.
What you will be doing:
- Manages commissioning activities from project initiation to final project acceptance. Activities include assigning projects to commission to subordinate project commissioning managers, reviewing commissioning scopes of services, Requests for Proposal (RFP), cost estimates, Record of Negotiations, participating in pre-proposal meetings, and other meetings as required for commissioning designated projects and monitoring the progress of each.
- Monitors commissioning activities on an ongoing basis to ensure the timely and efficient completion of work and to ensure compliance of Board policy and project contract requirements.
- Develops and/or maintains documentation of projects and milestone events in the completion of projects to provide timely and uniform periodic management information reports. Reviews project schedules for commissioning events and provides feedback for budget reports.
- Monitors the receipt of project as-built drawings, O&M manuals, training DVDs, warranty manuals and commissioning reports.
- Analyzes contracts, reviews plans, drawings, specifications, and submittals and verifies commissioning schedules as required. Identifies deficiencies and out-of-scope work requirements and initiates appropriate measures with the subordinate project commissioning manager(s) and assigned project manager(s) to facilitate project completion.
- Upon substantial completions of each project, manages the warranty administration of the ETAM maintained facility/system/equipment
What you need:
- Bachelor of Science degree in architecture, engineering, construction management or a related field.
- Five (5) years professional-level experience in design and construction, construction management and/or commissioning
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
- Certified Building Commissioning Professional.
- Possession of a valid Class C driver's license.
What we desire:
- Knowledge of commissioning methods, materials, equipment, and contractual requirements of public works construction projects.
- Knowledge of cost and scheduling control techniques and ability to apply same to all commissioning projects.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.