As a Water/Watstewater Operator you will be responsible for the maintenance of the over 200 miles of pipeline, that brings over 2.5 million gallons of fresh, and healthy drinking water every day to the DFW Airport. You will also ensure that the over 1,000 fire hydrants, and the 500-meter accounts are in good, functional order.
What you will be doing:
• Installing, repairing and replacing water pipelines; joins and caulks pipe; repairing valves and hydrants; drilling and installing taps.
• Excavating and backfills trenches and culverts using backhoe and hand tools.
• Operating vacuum truck to remove debris from water system.
• Exercising all valves in the system; making repairs as necessary.
• Performing daily chlorine residual test; maintains safety equipment in operable condition.
• Reading water meters and records readings.
• Maintaining records and preparing reports.
What you need:
• Completion of high school curriculum or equivalent.
• Two (2) years of experience in the operation, maintenance, and repair of water systems.
• Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
• Possession of a valid Class B Commercial driver’s license, or the ability to obtain within 1 year.
What we desire:
• Knowledge of the operation, maintenance, and repair of water systems.
• Knowledge of the principles and operating characteristics of pumps, motors, motor controls and monitoring equipment.
• Ability to detect, diagnose and correct defects and malfunctions in the water distribution systems, and equipment and instruments associated with water systems.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.