As a Grounds Maintenance Worker II, you will be a part of an elite team that ensures that DFW International Airport is in pristine condition for our over 70 million customers. We take pride in ensuring the Airport’s over 4,000 acres of airfield, developed, and raw land are maintained to the highest conditions year-round.
What you will be doing:
- Pick up litter on grounds, Aircraft Operations Area, and in parking lot areas, empty trash cans and replaces liners; uses broom and blower to sweep parking lots and other assigned areas.
- Operate one or more of the following types of powered or mobile equipment and vehicles maintaining grounds and constructing and installing landscapes: 72" riding mower, slope mower, tractor with batwing, flail, tiller and bush hog attachments, 2 1/2 -and 5 - ton dump truck, rubber tire front-end loader, backhoe, small sweeper, pressure washer, water trailer, tree spade, brush chipper, 4-wheel all-terrain vehicle, forklift and all foul weather sand spreaders and de-ice tank sprayers.
- Operate powered equipment including weed eater, edger, blower, tiller, hedge trimmer, chain saw and air compressor.
- Use manual tools including shovels, axes, rakes, hoes, spreaders and pruning equipment.
- Install, water, mulch, maintain, fertilize and weed turf, trees, shrubs, ground cover and other plants; including mowing, pruning and landscape construction.
- Perform operational inspection of assigned vehicles and equipment and performs minor maintenance including adding fluids and air
- May assist in spraying of herbicides under the direction of licensed supervisor using hand and powered spray equipment and may train to operate other pavements and grounds maintenance equipment.
- May oversee and participate in the work of an assigned crew of employees or contract laborers; may operate vehicles to transport crew, equipment and supplies to and from work site.
- Perform manual labor such as moving furniture, boxes and other items as well as setup for special events and holidays.
What you need:
- Education less than that required for completion of high school curriculum.
- One (1) year experience in construction, landscaping, grounds keeping, mowing or related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to operate one or more of the following: 72" riding mower, slope mower, tractor with batwing, flail, tiller and bush hog attachments, 2 1/2 and 5 ton dump trucks, rubber tire front-end loader, backhoe, small sweeper, pressure washer, water trailer, tree spade, brush chipper, 4-wheel all-terrain vehicle, forklift and all foul weather sand spreaders and de-ice tank sprayers.
- Possession of a valid Class B Commercial driver's license with air-brake certification or ability to obtain one within a designated probation period.
What we desire:
- Must have a good private driving record: (a) no more than two (2) convictions of moving violations in the last 36 months and (b) no DWI convictions in the last 60 months.
- Ability to operate a variety of powered and mobile equipment to maintain grounds and airfield areas.
- Ability to operate manual and powered tools and equipment to plant and maintain turf, trees, shrubs, ground cover and other plants.
- Ability to clean, check fluid levels, add fluid as required and to lubricate assigned vehicles and equipment.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.