As an Infrastructure Architect, you will plan, coordinate, and conduct infrastructure assessments of the airport’s assets to ensure the life cycle is in compliance with building codes and to prepare for current and future maintenance, repair and modernization. In addition, you will analyze project designs for compliance with Airport standards and make recommendations for potential changes.
What you will be doing:
• Performs professional assessments of the condition of Airport facilities and systems and prepares long-range plans for maintenance, repair and modernization.
• Assists staff in the proper maintenance and operation of facilities and systems through training, development of maintenance programs and technical assistance in analyzing and solving problems.
• Investigates and recommends appropriate action for facility and system failures, abnormal maintenance requirements, and for the applicability of new materials, equipment and techniques for maintenance applications.
• Assists in developing guidelines, standards and evaluation criteria to manage capital improvement projects and insure their compliance with accepted practice and Airport codes.
• Reviews and analyzes technical aspects of designs, bids and proposals and monitors project progression from design to completion and closeout.
• Prepares or coordinates personnel, including contractors and consultants, in the preparation of plans, specifications, architectural studies and reports; collects and assimilates data and prepares programming documents for the Capital Improvement and Major Maintenance program.
What you need:
• Bachelor's degree in architecture from an accredited university.
• Three (3) years experience in planning, designing and managing large construction projects.
• Registered Architect.
• Technical specialization area or academic discipline may be specified by the department.
• Possession of a valid Class C driver's license.
What we desire:
• Knowledge of major types of construction, related materials and equipment, and contracting standards.
• Knowledge of the principles and practices associated with the planning, location, design, construction and maintenance of public architectural projects.
• Ability to interpret, explain and enforce construction codes tactfully and impartially.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.