DFW International Airport is looking for our next great Purchasing Contract Specialist, you will be performing work in a contract accounting nature in the contract administration. You will be certifying compliance with the contract provisions, analyzes and administers the payment terms and conditions of General, and Professional services contracts. You will establish maintain and reconcile information relative to contract data in the Airports ERP computer systems, participates in preparation of annual budget and year end closing.
What you will be doing:
- Leads the review of assigned department invoices in the Invoice Scan Queue and prioritizes based on Contract Payment Terms.
- Maintains financial management of contracts including verification of the accuracy of invoice computations, ensures that funding and account disbursements are proper for assigned contracts; interfaces with other Board staff to resolve problems and discrepancies.
- Provides contract related financial information to auditors, bonding companies, suppliers, inspectors, sub-contractors, contractors, and other Board staff upon request, based on approval of department management.
- Interfaces with contractors, consultants, sub-contractors, contract administrators, and other Board staff to resolve payment and other contract compliance issues.
- Ensures that internal and external customers are following the Board Policy and Procedures regarding vendors and payments.
- Calculates and verifies final contract amounts prior to contract close-out, completes final fund and contract reconciliation or cost adjustments to Board records upon contract close-out.
What you need:
- College coursework in finance, business, or a related field.
- Two (2) years of experience administering contracts or the payment provisions thereof.
- Possession of a valid Class C driver's license.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel/Report & Query Writer.
What we desire:
- Knowledge of contract law, contracting procedures and pricing methods.
- Knowledge of accounting practices/applications and cost analysis techniques.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly, both orally and in writing, in general and technical terms, with Board staff, contractors and management.
- Ability to coordinate work activities to accomplish work assignments under time pressure and within pre-established and inflexible time limits.
- Ability to analyze and interpret contractual terminology, to determine contractor compliance and to resolve discrepancies concerning contractors and contract provisions.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.