As Board & Owner Cities Specialist you will act as a liaison to the Owner Cities of Dallas and Fort Worth and will support the Board of Directors governance process. This will include oversight of and responsibility for issues identification and processes between the Board of Directors, Executive Staff, and the cities of Dallas and Fort Worth.
What you will be doing:
- Managing and coordinating the Owner City Approval process, including drafting of background documents, materials, placement on Owner City Agenda, and briefing presentations as necessary.
- Acting as a point of contact with Owner City staff, Board members, Board staff and the general public.
- Monitoring and reporting on local news and government updates.
- Establishing and maintaining productive working relationships with internal stakeholders, Dallas and Fort Worth elected officials and staff, airlines, tenants, government officials, etc.
- Supporting the Board Secretary in managing the Official Board Actions/Resolutions process and related information, as necessary, to ensure established deadlines are met.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, public administration, political science, communications, community outreach, or related field.
- Three (3) years of professional-level experience in public/government/legislative affairs environment.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience to equal two (2) years of work experience for one (1) year of education may be substituted for the above.
- Possession of a valid Class C driver’s license.
What we desire:
- Knowledge of relevant public policy, issues and trends affecting the aviation industry, DFW Airport, and Owner Cities.
- Specific experience working in or with municipal governments or municipal authorities.
- Ability to organize and evaluate complex and detailed data and prepare clear, concise correspondence and written reports using proper business vocabulary, grammar, spelling, and construction.
- Ability to take initiative and effectively handle multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Ability to effectively communicate recommendations to internal and external stakeholders.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.