The Senior ITS Business Analyst is responsible for analyzing business requests, eliciting, and documenting requirements, process diagramming, prototyping, support and clarifications during development sprints, issue triage and resolution. Performs within the standard methodology guidelines and regularly reports work progress. Please apply today and find out why DFW Airport is always voted one of the best places to work in the Dallas Forth Worth area.
What you will be doing:
- Evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts, and decomposes high-level information into requirement details
- Translates high level objectives into feasible, testable, measurable functional specifications
- Provides project level analysis – producing required project analysis documentation (business requirements, scope matrix, use cases, sequence diagrams, data mapping, business process flows and other related diagrams future state proposals, UAT plan, training, etc.)
- Utilizes Waterfall, Agile, and Iterative methodology to document solutions into comprehensive requirements and/or user stories.
- Provide leadership to team members and peers by collaborating with others; articulating ideas and viewpoints to senior management, peers, and others; identifying and initiating projects; managing resources; driving the resolution of issues; and holding self and team accountable for results
- Identify, create, and facilitate process design changes by conducting business and systems process analysis and design at a complex level; focusing on quality improvement and data management; ensuring data is reliable and valid; developing process improvements or re-engineering and recommending elimination; integrating new systems and processes with existing ones; and partnering with internal and external customers to ensure systems provided meet the long-term business strategies
- Provide and support the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, information technology, computer science or related field.
- Five (5) years of experience creating business and software requirements, business analysis, business process modeling or related field.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
- Experience working in a project team environment.
- Possession of a valid Class C driver's license.
What we desire:
- Knowledge of SDLC methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, and Iterative development.
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Ability to monitor and document post-implementation problems and review requests.
- Ability to organize work and manage requirements efficiently across multiple projects and responsibilities.
- Knowledge and experience in developing and implementing cross organizational business process flows.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise specifications, contract clauses, reports, negotiation plans and records, and correspondence
- Ability to work collaboratively with others; conducts working relationships in a professional manner acceptable to others and to the organization (i.e., Project Managers, Developers, and other technical and business staff).
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.