Under general supervision of the Survey Manager, operates conventional electronic and manual surveying equipment utilized in gathering survey data pertaining to distances, angles, elevations and contours used in the preparation of boundary surveys, topographic surveys, as-built surveys, maps and exhibits of Airport property.
What you will be doing:
• Utilize manual and electronic surveying equipment to collect and record raw survey field data in accordance with written standards or as directed by the Survey Manager.
• Operate and maintain total stations, theodolites, EDMs, data collectors, levels and other survey equipment.
• Review and verify the accuracy of raw survey information to compile data.
• Perform mathematical calculations to determine distances, angles, elevation, grades, arcs and curves; makes sketches and drawings, records field observations and provides other documentation to support surveys.
• Compare relevant as-built data to construction plans and surveys.
What you need:
• Completion of high school curriculum or equivalent.
• Two (2) years of land survey experience including construction layout and boundary reconstruction.
• Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
• Possession of a valid class C driver’s license.
• Experience with Global Positioning System data collection.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.