As the Assistant Vice President of Commercial Development, you will be responsible for the strategic planning, marketing and implementation of business initiatives for commercial land and facilities development and redevelopment of existing facilities consistent with the Airport’s strategic plan. In this role, you will provide vision, strategy, and drive execution to accomplish key airport business objectives. You will represent Dallas Fort Worth Internal Airport (DFW) in a variety of settings amongst senior leaders and both internal and external stakeholders, proactively collaborating to promote best interest of the airport. We are seeking a transformational leader that will engage, inspire, and develop the team to perform at their highest level while keeping DFW at the forefront of aviation innovation.
Transform travel with us at DFW International Airport.
What you will be doing:
• Analyze the most effective business arrangements and/or development projects to maximize the Airport’s revenue streams.
• Plan, direct and manage the lease negotiations of non-airline real estate, non-airline tenants, and utility property management to include facility management, boundary integrity, natural gas, Foreign Trade Zone, and utility/rights-of-way.
• Negotiate and supervise negotiations of complex real estate-related ground leases, facility leases for reverting properties, real estate development contracts, management contracts and other related real estate documents.
• Plan, direct, and manage the development, facility assessment, capital expenses, renovation and operations of hotels and other properties owned and managed by Airport Board and/or Airport’s subsidiary entity, PFIC (Public Facility Improvement Corporation).
• Manage a core team of Commercial Development Leasing, Construction, Development and Property Managers to ensure operational efficiency.
What you need:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, project management, marketing, real estate, design and construction or related field.
• Five (5) years of management experience in commercial real estate development and property management with a focus on industrial, hotel, retail and office.
• Three to five (3-5) years supervisory or team leadership experience.
• Possession of a valid Class C drivers’ license.
What we desire:
• Law degree or Master’s degree in Business Administration, real estate, or project management.
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of property development and management (preferably at a major airport).
• Knowledge of land and building values and costs and commercial, retail and office developments in and around DFW Airport.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose