Do you currently supervise other Project Managers? DFW Airport is hiring for a Senior ITS Projects Manager! You will provide leadership and direction over all aspects of the ITS Projects which includes demand and capacity management and project management. This role plays a key role in ensuring that technology demand and capacity forecasts are created, reviewed, published, and refined when appropriate. The Senior Manager of ITS Projects also provides cross-functional senior leadership for Business/IT project request evaluation, project quality and on time delivery metrics, ensuring the implementation and adherence to project management standards and practices from project request through project execution. Does this sound like you? Please apply below.
What you will be doing:
- Monitors all ITS and business projects within the ITS Projects section from beginning to end; ensures that the scope, goals, and deliverables support business objectives and are proceeding according to timelines, meeting targets and expectations.
- Manages a regular forecasting process for demand and capacity of ITS resources at a detail and aggregated level; publish and communicate for initiative planning and decision making.
- Ensures data integrity and quality for resource planning by reviewing data, identifying unusual occurrences, seeking explanations, and assisting in developing strategies to correct and prevent reoccurrences.
- Manages process for capturing and ranking demand for governance events in relation to project oversight, selection, and departmental/enterprise technology roadmaps, ensuring alignment with business objectives and annual goals.
- Provide leadership to team members and peers by collaborating with others; articulating ideas and viewpoints to senior management, peers, and others; identifying and initiating projects; managing resources; driving the resolution of issues; and holding self and team accountable for results.
- Provides strategy and direction to project teams responsible for the delivery of multiple complex projects and programs which are broad in scope, interdependent, high risk and impact and cross-functional.
- Creates and manages customer-centric communication strategy/plan. Advises leadership and/or business executives at the highest levels about the project portfolio, status, and resource planning.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, information technology, computer science or related field.
- Six (6) years of experience in an IT project environment leading, managing, and implementing company-wide programs, including demonstrated experience in process improvement efforts, and developing business plans and strategies.
- Four (4) years supervisory experience or leading project teams.
- Current certification in Project Management (PMP) or Six Sigma.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
What we desire:
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, or related field.
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Ability to monitor and document post-implementation problems and review requests.
- Ability to define, establish, analyze, and interpret data and performance metrics.
- Knowledge of strategic planning, training, and current project management methodologies.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise specifications, contract clauses, reports, negotiation plans and records, and correspondence
- Ability to work collaboratively with others; conducts working relationships in a professional manner acceptable to others and to the organization (i.e., Project Managers, Developers, and other technical and business staff).
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.