As the Cargo Strategic Initiatives Manager, you will manage and assist with the implementation of various cargo initiatives, and other business development related Cargo Community outreach initiatives. You will also utilize primary and secondary research strategies and coordinate with third party resources and research organizations to promote e-commerce technology. Under the general direction of the Senior Cargo Business Development Manager, you will support the execution of strategic and tactical plans to achieve international e-commerce business objectives, assists in attracting air cargo service, and supports efforts to increase total cargo throughput at DFW.
What you will be doing:
• Help create or develop efficiencies in current cargo ecosystem by using knowledge and understanding of the end-to-end cargo/supply chain flows, required cargo documentation, communication requirements, and the interrelated processes of all stakeholders across the global supply chain.
• Assist with developing the strategic plan to drive e-commerce growth at the airport by using knowledge and understanding of the e-commerce sector.
• Develop and maintain databases and analyze and interpret the data to prepare clear, concise reports for airport management.
• Identify and develop relationships with strategic prospects for international e-commerce growth.
• Assist in creating content to produce promotional materials related to e-commerce business growth.
• Support the implementation and on-going expansion of DFW E-Commerce Business.
What you need:
• Bachelor's degree in logistics, supply chain management, marketing, or a related field.
• Five (5) years of cargo industry experience including three (3) years of recent experience in e-commerce and/or international e-commerce shipping and processing.
• Understanding of Cargo Operations and the cargo supply chain.
• Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above on a year-for-year basis.
• Possession of a valid Class C driver’s license.
• Working knowledge of a foreign language.
• Knowledge of international business and trade.
• Master’s degree in Business Administration.
• Strong leadership qualities, excellent organizational skills, and an ability to speak comfortably in front of groups.
• Recent, relevant experience in international e-commerce shipping and clearances, freight forwarder processes, and cargo handling operations.
• Knowledge of cargo data and cargo flows.
• Knowledge of customs clearance procedures and protocols.
• Ability to create and distribute informational updates to the cargo community.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.