Under the direction of the AVP, Community Engagement, the Community Engagement Event Specialist plays an active role in bringing programs and strategies to life by collaboratively driving the successful implementation of Airport events and programs. Plans and organizes events that support the Airport’s strategic plan. The Specialist schedules and leads Airport tours and community events. The Specialist supports business development and international events such as trade shows and conferences, airline gate events and international mission trips. The Specialist also supports employee volunteer projects, fundraising efforts, community engagement programs and marketing and communications initiatives. The Specialist ensures events reflect appropriate messages and experiences supporting the DFW brand. The Specialist collaborates with internal departments and external stakeholders to ensure event objectives are met and reports on performance of events and activities. Manages multiple activities simultaneously.
What you will be doing:
• Leads the Airport tour program. Develops programming, event schedules, presentations, materials, and promotional items for airport visits sponsored by area cities, chambers, educational institutions, and other stakeholder organizations.
• Coordinates activation of the Airport’s membership and sponsorship commitments including table management, event deliverables and relationship management.
• Manages and executes major educational outreach programs and activities, leading cross-functional, internal, and external teams for successful event implementation.
• Supports the Airport’s experiential advocacy program by managing the tour schedule and other program activities as needed, to promote DFW Airport’s value and regional impact as an economic engine and major global hub.
• Works with internal and external partners to determine the objectives for Airport events and develops event plans to meet those objectives.
• Ensures that all activities and events support the DFW Brand identity.
• Coordinates all aspects of event planning with internal subject matter experts for items including, but not limited to: Graphic design, speech writing, facilities planning, transportation, media, onsite troubleshooting, etc.
• Maintains annual event calendar.
What you need:
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, business, marketing communications, event planning, or related field.
• Three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in event planning or community program development.
• Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above on a year-for-year basis.
• Possession of a valid class C driver’s license.
What we desire:
• Expertise in planning and execution of events.
• Knowledge and proficiency with standard office and computer equipment and software, including but not limited to Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and Microsoft Windows.
• Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills to ensure timely completion of all projects.
• Skill in the preparation of reports and correspondence using good business vocabulary and proper grammar and construction.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Airport Board staff at all levels, Board members, city and administrative officials and the public.
• Politically astute and tactful; attentive to the perspectives and competing interests of various internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to plan and schedule work activities to ensure that priorities are maintained, and projects are completed accurately and on time.
• Ability to recognize problems, initiate corrective measures and develop controls to prevent recurrence.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.