Are you interested in joining the sustainability team at one of the busiest airports in the world? Look no further! DFW Airport’s Environmental Affairs Department is looking for a Sustainability Project Manager with a demonstrated ability to use scientific knowledge to solve complex problems and develop solutions. Under the direction of the Enterprise Sustainability Programs Manager, this individual will support the implementation of DFW’s Sustainability Management Plan, consisting of six focus areas: climate action, energy performance, water & biodiversity, circular economy, health & wellness, and equity. This position will manage projects included in DFW’s roadmap to achieve Net-Zero Carbon by 2030, pursue environmental grant funding to accelerate sustainability initiatives, and establish partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to drive progress toward sustainability goals.
What you will be doing:
- Develops, enhances, implements, and administers policies and procedures in advancement of Airport Board sustainability initiatives.
- Implements and administers consultant contracts in support of sustainable and environmental programs
- Assists the Enterprise Sustainability Programs Manager in identifying and prioritizing areas for Board sustainability efforts.
- Analyzes and evaluates the efficiency, effectiveness and results of sustainability initiatives.
- Develops and maintains tools, metrics, and indicators for assessing progress towards sustainability goals
- Assists Board personnel involved in creating and maintaining sustainable asset standards.
What you need:
Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, engineering, architecture, business administration, public administration or a related field.
Five (5) years of experience implementing and/or managing sustainability, environmental or other programs of similar scope and nature.
Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
Knowledge of Board, state and federal sustainability policies, issues, standards, trends, and practices.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, departments and the public.
Ability to work independently and to work effectively in cross-functional teams with individuals at all levels of the organization
Possession of a valid Class C driver’s license.
What we desire:
- Formal education or certification in or related to sustainability.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.