How To Apply
If you have questions about the application process, please access our Open Positions and Applying page on Connected.
This position will be available for a minimum of 15 business days as of 4/18/2022.
As a Senior Auditor, you will be responsible for programming and performing professional-level audit work.
What you will be doing:
• Perform all phases of multiple, concurrent audits and other projects, including complex, politically sensitive, and confidential assignments.
• Based on a broadly stated objective, develop subobjectives and detailed audit plans for assigned projects. Will also schedule activities to meet completion dates, research and interpret laws, regulations, policies, contracts, etc., necessary to develop audit plans.
• Determine sources and availability of information; determine data collection strategies; and select the data sources required to accomplish program steps and satisfy the objectives of the project. Review records and other documentation.
• Interview Board employees, tenants, concessionaires, contractors, vendors, etc., and observe procedures/activities to gather facts and gain an understanding of the program.
• Determine the type and amount of analysis necessary to develop findings or resolve audit issues; evaluate the sufficiency and competence of evidence; identify and analyze the possible causes of problems noted; and draw conclusions and form recommendations from the results of these analyses.
• Use TeamMate to prepare workpapers; prepare internal and external correspondence; and draft audit reports.
• Serve as team leader on assigned projects. Review work products to ensure quality, completeness, technical soundness of findings, and adherence to the Department of
Audit Services’ policies and procedures.
• Direct and/or participate in meetings with auditees to encourage understanding and acceptance of project results, to understand the auditee’s position regarding the results of the audit, and to resolve any issues regarding management’s position. Make presentations to all levels of the organization.
What you need:
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or a related field.
• Three (3) years of experience in auditing in one or more of the following fields:
1. Construction Auditing
2. Financial/Operational Auditing
3. External Auditing
4. Information Systems Auditing
5. Internal Auditing
• Specific experience may be designated by the department.
• Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designations may substitute for one (1) year of work experience.
• Possession of a valid Class C driver's license.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.